topiary cats

topiary cats

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Audition

Yesterday was Daya's audition for middle school.  The school we SHOULD be zoned for but are not because the zoning board is incredibly stupid.

She was very nervous but well-prepared. I did not watch the audition but Daya said she didn't mess up at all. I know she did a great job.

This was her first audition.  She got a couple of private lessons to help her prepare. The whole thing was a good experience for her- to go through the preparation process etc. She did a great job and she has wonderful teachers.  Which is a good thing because I don't know anything about this stuff.  I am a painter, not a dancer.

I played piano as a child, and I was in chorus, but it's not the same thing.

Daya has a crazy schedule which I keep suggesting to lighten- and she vehemently refuses. I don't care as long as she keeps her grades up, which she does.  I can't ask for better than the 100% math test she brought home last week.

She works very, very hard and that's why she is so good.

being nervous

filling out forms

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like she's an ambitious one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brains and Beauty. A good combination. I hope it went as she anticipated and gets the results she wants and needs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of good luck, Daya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, she's driven... I'm sure she did really well in the audition ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3