topiary cats

topiary cats

Sunday, January 17, 2016

An Overheard Elevator Conversation

Friday evening, NYC, in an elevator.
A father is bringing his 4 year old daughter upstairs.
A pizza delivery man steps on with some nice fresh pies.

**********
Girl: I want some pizza!
Father: no you don't.
Girl: Yes I do!
Father: What does pizza have on it?

-me, thinking, CHEEZE!-

Girl: ummm.....sauce?
Father: No.......

-me, thinking, meat?- oh, maybe they are veg but a plain pie is the best thing ever-

Girl: ummmmmmm......
Father: GLUTEN.

*********
O.M.F.G.
REALLY?
ARE YOU SERIOUS?

I very seriously almost asked him if he even knew what gluten is.
(He probably buys gluten-free eggs, what a moron)
I should have.
I didn't.
I regret that.

**********
I THINK IT IS A CRIMINAL ACT TO DENY A SMALL CHILD ANYONE A GOOD SLICE BECAUSE YOU ARE AFRAID OF GLUTEN.

THE ONLY EXCEPTION HERE WOULD BE IF THE CHILD HAS AN ACTUAL DIAGNOSIS OF CELIAC DISEASE OR ALLERGY.

Bring on the Gluten

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I guess it all depends on whether they're just avoiding gluten because 'ERMAHGERG GLUTEN ARE TEH DEVIL' or because they actually have an allergy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is amazing how many people are allergic to the very things that keep us alive. It doesn't seem like this was an issue when my children were young. I wonder what has happened to our world?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don'the deny my child food groups, she's not allergic to anything. I say enjoy a little gluten... (unless you have been diagnosed as you said)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pray she really didnt have celiac.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3