topiary cats

topiary cats

Wednesday, December 09, 2015

The Saga of the Green Pastel

Sketch was open during Winter Walk, I shouldn't even have to mention that we went there.
First, if I remember correctly.

The wonderful thing about Sketch is that they carry open stock Diane Townsend pastels.  That's because Diane lives in Hudson.  I would really love to meet her one day.

So of course I went straight over to the open stock.
Immediately, I saw this really fantastic perfect green pastel.

Look at it.

 Sooooo......Pretty.........

However, I decided to STAY STRONG.  I told myself that I probably have that color in my (large) pastel collection. I didn't really need it. So I took that picture so I could remember it and stare at it.

*********
On Sunday, we went out for brunch and local shopping.
When I had made all my mandatory stops (Verdigris, Savor the Taste, Tradewinds), I told Dru that I had fulfilled my Hudson Destiny.
I felt good.

Except.

That green pastel.
I could not get it out of my mind.
I needed it after all.

Hey, I held strong for about 18 hours.

So I exceeded my Hudson Destiny and got the green pastel.
I also got 7 friends for it because I didn't want it to get lonely during travel.
The more the merrier, right...?


7 comments:

  1. I think it's good that you took some time to think about it... it wasn't a splurge... Most of us splurge without thinking... have a great week xox ♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Green's shiny friends survived the journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ho Ho Ho... Of course you needed that green and the green needed those friends. Everyone needs friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visit me in Hudson next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great color. Hope you have a lot of fun with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3