topiary cats

topiary cats

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Solstice / Mad ACEO

Last night was the winter solstice. 11:49pm here in NYC.
The longest night.

Again.

The "birth of light" follows, as now the nights get shorter.

Last year on the solstice I went to St Patrick's Cathedral and lit a candle for someone.

This year I lit a candle for myself.






*************
Mad ACEO: "I've Got a Bad Feeling About This"

Carey likes these long-title themes. It is a Star Wars reference.
However, I decided to take it to a different level.

A very snarky angle.

Because, as modern art history as a reflection of society goes,

I've got a bad feeling about this!

ACEO
Pastel and oil pastel all over clear oil pastel
on various papers because I'm running low and I don't feel like cutting any more
2.5 x 3.5"

Cy Twombly's Crap
oil pastel



Rothko's Crap
pan pastel



Pollock's Crap
oil pastel



Frankenthaler's Crap
pan pastel



de Kooning's Crap
pan pastel



Carey's bad feelings are here.

PS You don't have to think these "artists" produced tons and tons of crap but I do and this is my blog so I'll say whatever I damn well please.  So there. They can call my work crap too, except that they're all dead now so I guess they can't.  So there.

PPS I am genuinely apologetic to the materials used in creating these ACEOs. At least the papers can be saved by washing them with solvent, which I will do.

5 comments:

  1. Good for you for lighting a candle for YOU! Doesn't always have to be for others, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the Winter. Candles do help the long nights. Interesting collection of crap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahahahahahahaha!!! (for the aces, not the candle. You know I'm in the same camp as you). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you lit a candle for yourself. You deserve some good thoughts being sent your way. As for the modern "art" I have the same feelings about it as you do. Very pretty photographs of St. Patricks.by the way. Now real artists and artisans created that, at least in my humble opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:45 PM

    Fantastic! Who knew you could make museum-quality art in 2 seconds with children's art supplies?
    -Meg

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3