topiary cats

topiary cats

Friday, December 25, 2015

A New Tradition

Last night Daya and I floated around Manhattan just because we could.

I like the holiday lights.
The tree in Rockefeller Center is pretty at night.

It is bizarrely warm here in NYC- almost 70 degrees. So much for my blizzard.

Anyhow, I have started a new Christmas Eve tradition with Daya.  I told her that I hope she continues this for the rest of her life, no matter where she is and who she is with.

Very simply, tonight is the night to wish for and ask for the seemingly-impossible.
It is something private, not shared with anyone but god.
We both lit candles.

When I spoke to Daya about it, she already knew exactly what she wanted to wish for.
I hope she gets it.

No one does Christmas like NYC.
We love our city.








Looking down 5th ave




Full Moon

4 comments:

  1. New York really does a wonderful job with Christmas... I love going around my city looking at the lights too... I hope both you and Daya get your wish xox ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that NYC does Christmaas in a the MOST spectacular way. I saw all this when you and Daya had to leae early that day we saw the windows. Ending up walking from 9th St. and 5th Ave, to meeet you and then to 59th and 5th...and then all the way back home again!!!...taking in these sights and more along the way. What a display!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, and tradition!!! Daya is really growing up!!! Hope your Christmas was wonderful, and it was so great to see your photos and video! NY is so amazing!!! Thanks Jessica, for always being here!!! You're the best! xoxo- Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so overcast here we couldn't see the moon last night. What a beautiful night you had out in the city. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3