topiary cats

topiary cats

Thursday, December 31, 2015

2016 Intentions

Wow, I actually managed a blog post every single day this year!

*********
The new year is the start of a new cycle, a beginning. It is a beginning the world. for the most part, collectively agrees on. So there is a lot of collective new-start-another-chance energy.

It makes sense because of the winter solstice, the Birth of Light.
What will we do with that new light?

********
2015 was pretty awful though there were some nice bits, like visiting Cathy and Dru and Branwen and Carey. And my apartment is all nice and clean and organized permanently.
Maintaining it is no big deal. So that's good.

But losing three long-term best friends, one right after another, in one year, really stinks.
It is mind-numbing. I want to just leave it all behind.
This year has seen the 10-year mark on a few different things.
Next year will bring two more 10-year marks.

*******
So here are my 2016 intentions:
1. Drink a lot of tea
2. Paint some pictures

That's it.

**********
Daya and I went to New Jersey for Christmas. We stayed for 2 days.
This is significant because
1) I like to stay home and do absolutely nothing on Christmas and
2) it's New Jersey.

But Branwen is worth it.
There's something everyone should know about Branwen, and it is that she is amazing and fabulous.
I have to say this was a very, very nice holiday- better than I expected, and it is thanks in large part to her.  And Dru. I am very grateful.

I will do a post on Branwen's Beasties, but for now here is Lucky the Amazing, Gorgeous, and Super-charming kitty. And Dru's rat Aloysious, who is so awesome he wins the Umber award.




4 comments:

  1. Sounds doable, hehe :-) To a happy (or at least happiER) 2016 for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posting every day this past year sounds so daunting when I even think about doing such a thing. I have looked forward to each and every post. Sounds like you have chosen reasonable goals for the new year. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I. Hope 2016 brings more happiness. And it was wonderful to have you and Daya come and share Christmas with us! I hope this will be a new holiday tradition. And yes, Branwen is utterly amazing and wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm like you Jessica in that I don't like to make resolutions... I think you just need to do or make changes whenever. I am happy to hear you had a nice Christmas xox

    I wanted to wish you a happy new year and I hope things turn around for you ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3