topiary cats

topiary cats

Friday, November 20, 2015

Old & New

The first set of real-deal nice soft pastels I ever got was when I was in college. A teacher had recommended Rembrandts, so that's what I got.

Here is my set of 60 Rembrandt half-sticks from last century, complete with original insert.




Last weekend I had a 40% off coupon at Blick.
I have a lot of pastels (no such thing as too many!) but most of them are really soft, like Senns and Unisons. Those are great for upper layers of a painting, but sometimes a harder soft pastel is nice for underlayers.  Rembrandts are harder soft pastels.

I got this new portrait selection set at 40% off, so now I have Rembrandts from this century!




3 comments:

  1. Nothing like a fresh set of pastels to make the weekend come alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you do with them -Hanna Lei

    Latest Post: Cute Yoga Outfit Inspiration

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3