topiary cats

topiary cats

Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Mad Aceo: Oil Pastel

Carey and I did an oil pastel theme this week.
I used only Sennelier oil pastels, including my metallics and iridescents. As much as I tried, I just cannot properly work in oil pastel without solvent in the under-layers. Gamsol is wonderful stuff. I also used my grey color shapers, which also work well with the solvent.

Ghost Topiary
with acrylic glitter glaze
Black Artagain paper



Gold-Tipped Cactus
with acrylic mica flake medium
Sennelier oil pastel card


Moon Basin
Sennelier oil pastel card




Last Leaf
black artagain paper



Dusk Clouds
Sennelier oil pastel card



Here are Carey's oil pastel ACEOs.

3 comments:

  1. Oh those last two are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all of your ATCs. The one with the cactus has an interesting background. Sort of lumpy like some cactus really appear. I like all the different techniques you have used. Fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3