topiary cats

topiary cats

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Mad ACEO: The Moon


Raise your eyes to a moonless sky
and try to wish upon a rising star
Search all you want for her blessing
but you won't find her sparkling there
Now cast your eyes to a part of the sky
where nothing but darkness unfolds
and watch as all around you
she reveals the brilliance of secrets untold
-Cowboy Junkies


Our theme this week was The Moon.
What a great theme. So much can be done with the moon.

All my cards are various sorts of pastel on Bristol, some colorfix primed, some clear gesso primed.

Moonscape 1
Unisons



Moonscape 2
panpastels, unisons, rembrandts




Waxing
panpastels on colorfix




Waning
panpastels on colorfix



The Moon
(based on Rider-Waite tarot)
pastel pencils on colorfix


The panpastel cards are very shimmery and sparkly...the effects are a little easier to see here.



Here are Carey's!

6 comments:

  1. Ooooh those first two are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the crescents. They look so exotic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica, I like the cards and I have always thought the moon was pretty cool with a lot of mystery xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first two really ing to me;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Meant to say "sing" to me.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3