topiary cats

topiary cats

Friday, November 06, 2015

Black Eye

A skinny spacey old man in a suit was pestering me on the subway last night as I was bringing Daya home from dance. He was definitely stoned on something. Not drunk. No smells. Very, very spaced out.

He was sitting several seats down and he started talking to me.  I told him flat outright "I don't want to talk to you."

He kept hitting on me, and I ignored him.
So he moved to sit right across from me and Daya.
He kept talking to me.  I ignored him.

He started talking to Daya. She was scared.

Um, NO.

He stood up and came up close to us.
A crazy mom-beast took over.
I have never gone mom-beast like that before, ever.

I stood up in front of Daya and yelled at him to go away.
He stayed.

So I punched him HARD in the eye.
I didn't even think about it, or know I was going to do it.
It just happened.
He will definitely have a black eye today.

He was in shock and kept asking over and over if I am crazy.

Yes.

...and he STILL would not go away!!!!!!!!!
We got off at the next stop, which thankfully was our stop anyhow.

**********
Now, I look very girly. I am 5 feet tall.  I like girly clothes and makeup.
And I am a very peaceful person.

But I have also had martial arts training and I know how to throw a punch, And I am not afraid.
Also, I am batshit crazy.
And I am a mom.

This is the first time in my life I have ever done anything like this.
I very sincerely hope it is the last.

I keep feeling the sensation of his eye being squishy against my knuckle.
It's rather awful.

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, you actually PUNCHED the guy, hah! It's insane that he STILL didn't get the message after that though, yikes... Crazy people...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well good for you. I know you are one tough mama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you. It is good to be strong. Capable. I hate that you and Daya had to go through this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have done the same thing... especially wanting to protect my child... wow... good for you Jessica. What is wrong with people and he asked if you were crazy? That would be him...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3