topiary cats

topiary cats

Wednesday, November 04, 2015

A Riddle

Q: What is green with grey bristles which were white back in 2004?


A: My toothbrush!

No, not the one I use on my teeth.... for that I have a very nice Sonicare which I love.

I am talking about my studio toothbrush. This is an essential tool in every painter's studio.  It is used to make spatters, like these:

oil paint spatters
this is a background for
one of the topiary cat paintings

This toothbrush is perfectly broken-in, and makes great spatters in oil, acrylic, watercolor, gouache, or whatever my spattering needs might be. I have been using it since 2004.


4 comments:

  1. Hah, I LOVE the effect you created with it, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love useful tools.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The effect that it makes is really cool Jessica... I use toothbrushes for many different uses myself, this one is a good one for artists xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super! Very inspiring and beautiful result! Thank You :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3