topiary cats

topiary cats

Friday, October 23, 2015

Mad ACEO: Black 2

I wanted to do more ACEOs on black. I asked Carey if she wanted to join me, and she said yes.

So last night I made two more cards, both on the black Artagain paper.

Here is the first card:

Turquoise Tree
Acrylic on black Artagain paper
2.5 x 3.5


The interference effect is hard to photograph

I used the Golden CT Interference Green-Blue over the tree, which is a fantastic interference color!

Seriously fun paint

For the second card, I wanted to try the Inktense pencils again, but this time I put one coat of clear gesso over the paper to give it some tooth.  It made all the difference in the world, both wet and dry!!
Wednesday's effort had to be applied so thickly you might as well just use paint.

Yellow Moon Vat
Inktense pencils on black Artagain paper
2.5 x 3.5

4 comments:

  1. They both look great, but my favorite is the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tree. I don't know what interference is but the depth of field you created made it look almost 3D even in the photo. I imagine it is fabulous in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3