topiary cats

topiary cats

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Mad ACEO: Birthday

ACEO stands for Art Cards Editions and Originals.
They are always 2.5 x 3.5 inches (6.4 x 8.9 cms).
Drusilla does a lot of them, and she does them well.
I always say to her, "I don't know how you work so small."

And THEN... I saw the pre-cut papers at Blick, in several assortments.
I had to get them.

*****
I said to Carey, "Wanna do some ACEOs and choose a theme together?"
Carey said, "Yes!"

So we did.

Our theme is Birthday, because Carey is buried in birthday mayhem. I agreed to the theme, even though I think birthdays are rather like cat puke. Well, mine is at least.

So I struggled with it, thinking of images and rejecting them, until one popped into my head and I got excited! I thought of traditional symbols, like candles, and I thought of trees and how their rings determine their age.

Also, I LOVE Acrylic for ACEOs.
Here is my offering for Birthday.

Acrylic (I got to use my gold paint!)
2.5 x 3.5"



Carey's ACEO is here.

5 comments:

  1. This is sweet. Birthdays can be downers. The only birthday that has bothered me was my 60th. I survived and I think I won't mind any more that come my way. I love your painting. I am sure it is even prettier in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, f*ck birthdays, lol :-) Love the painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The painting is great... I like your take... even though I don't love birthdays, I try to make them special xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. I think they are lots of fun to do, actually. Now you can get the little frames and eagles for them and fill up all that extra wall space in your apartment. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3