topiary cats

topiary cats

Monday, October 26, 2015

I Have No Idea What to Call this Post

So, I have been trying to get a pic of the two guys dressed as the Statue of Liberty in Times Square. They are ALWAYS right next to each other. I was going to ponder the many why's of this.

I was going to title the post "Dudes Look Like a Lady". Although, to be fair, there are plenty of ladies under those outfits.  I know, because they take the masks off sometimes.

Before I could get a good picture, Chris blogged this post.

It never, ever occurred to me.

I did always wonder why there were so very many creepy characters in Times Square, more coming all the time, and how that could possibly be a viable job.  Yes, I do see tourists taking pictures with them.  But in reality, if you take 40 pictures and everyone gives you a dollar or two, that's not a whole lot of money.  I just assumed they were hired by a company and made salary of some kind.

Maybe they do.

But maybe they don't.

People are freaking SICK. They always have been- in all cultures and time periods; it is nothing new.
But it is still gross.

If you don't know what I am talking about go read Chris's post and the comments.
This is not something I know anything about, aside from a vague knowledge that it exists and it is weird. I don't want to know anything more. I don't want to google it. Ignorance is bliss.

I did not take this picture.
But I can say from first-hand experience...
...they really are everywhere.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm now you got me wondering about it too, lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always learning things here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is odd... I have never even heard of them until now... People can be so strange but oh well .... xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3