topiary cats

topiary cats

Friday, September 11, 2015

When in Doubt...

.... wear red eye shadow.

One of the things I love about NYC is that you can really get away with wearing anything.
Sure, people will definitely laugh at you, take pictures, and post it on their blog if you look stupid....

like this girl....

This is not the worst I have seen though.
Not at all.

...and I have been known, like any good New Yorker, to regularly go to Duane Reade (the drugstore/everything store) in my jammas (which are usually black but still...)

But here, in general, you can wear anything and you are fine.
Especially because there is always someone who looks way more bizarre than you look.

It's true that, in general, people probably do dress up more here than in other areas of the country. I am usually over-dressed when I am somewhere else, but I'm comfortable.

So back to red eyeshadow.  It works, and I love it.
I will wear any color, to work or wherever, and it suits me just fine.  It is fun.

Sonic from Urban Decay Vice 3

3 comments:

  1. As pretty as you are you could paint your face any color and look fine..anyplace. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. roll with it Jess...come to Portland and see me...you'll discover some really weird stuff...think it rivals anything I'v seen in NYC...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3