topiary cats

topiary cats

Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Logic-Defying

It is September THANK GOODNESS.
The equinox is in less than a month.  Phew.

So, this month I am going to do a daily image of life around me.  Granular details of everyday life.

This will force me to look for newness in the daily routine, in the daily mundane.
It will help me to focus on the small positive details.

Or strange. I do live in NYC, after all.

*********
I had to go to the post office to mail a package.  My favorite thing about the post office is that it is a block and a half away. And the postal workers are generally pretty nice.

Also, R2-D2 and Spiderman live at the post office.


I wanted to use my credit card to pay for the postage. The post office lady rejected my card because the back wasn't signed.  That's right, it's not. I either don't sign, or usually I write See ID.

I gave her my state ID and that was not good enough for her to accept my card, because I had not signed the back.

She told me to sign my card, right then and there.  Anyone could do that!  And somehow that would have been more valid and secure than my un-signed card along with my ID.......

Well, I did not sign my card, I used my debit card instead.

But it is absurd.
How is my ID not good enough to prove my identity to use my own credit card?

1 comment:

  1. I will have to look at the back of my CC to see if I have signed it. It seems like such a simple task. I guess the PO worker was told not to accept them if they weren't signed. There isn't much common sense used any more. Letter of the law or outlaw.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3