topiary cats

topiary cats

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Extremely Challenging Day

Yesterday was extremely challenging.
One of those domino-effect days.

1. We ditched the school bus in favor of MTA. Don't know what happened, but the normal 7:38, 7:42, and 7:50 buses never showed up. The bus finally showed up at 8:07.

1 1/2. The trains were also messed up. Don't know why. But I had to cleverly maneuver my face out of some guy's armpit, a lady kept stepping on me, and someone else had LOUD ANNOYING music coming out of their headphones.

2. One of my internal work logins was disabled this morning when I got in.
I literally cannot do my work without it. I have a Friday deadline. No information on why it was deactivated. The department that handles it is notoriously horrendous.

3. I have been trying to resolve a very simple issue on my corporate Amex card for a month. It has been an absolute nightmare. Re-submitted requests three times, two agents hung up on me, and this morning an supervisor actually yelled at me when I expressed frustration. You would think they would treat their large corporate clients a little better. I have notified our Global Head of Sourcing Operations.

Issue #2 got resolved late in the afternoon after some serious escalation.

**********
Last night I was walking down the street in my neighborhood, when suddenly a cat darted out.
He sat down right smack in the middle of the sidewalk and started to lick his butt.  (Incidentally, I know of another cat who does this very thing, only in the middle of the floor or where I am walking, not the sidewalk...not mentioning any specific names but it is Isis)

So the cat saw me and stopped licking his butt. He stretched out and- I kid you not- rolled over for a tummy rub.  He didn't get one- sorry, kitty cat.

Hi kitty

It is not possible to be more in-the-way than this

4 comments:

  1. Awww, poor kitty got rejected lol :-) I'm sorry to hear you had one of those days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope today is better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Jessica, this was quite the day, I have had those too... I hope today was much better... xox Thank you for the very kind words on my blog, I appreciate that xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not even a foot-to-belly rub?? :( Poor neglected kitty....

    I'm sure your crappy day had nothing to do with that cat's lack of belly rubs. Nope. Nothing at all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3