topiary cats

topiary cats

Monday, August 17, 2015

Vintage Tins (PRT)

Here are three very old tins.



The first two are from high school.
The graphite sketching pencil set on the far left was my first "real" full range artist pencil set, and it was always with me.  It  got beat up in my locker. It got a high school education and sat in many, many classes. I probably still have some of the original pencils...I do have many old-style Derwents around.

They never go out of style though!  Ha!

Old-Style Derwents!

The second tin is my first watercolor pencil set, also from high school.  I was so excited for this set.
All the original pencils are still in the tin except the white, which I swapped out with the original black pencil in college. I was always careful with the set.


These first two are from the days of Derwent hinged tins!

The third tin I got a few years later, and the top is separate.  It was another set of graphite sketching pencils.  By that time the original tin was pretty beat up and wouldn't close properly anymore.

Last week I have put this third tin back to good use.  In college I got a 72 set of Derwent watercolors. Since my sketchbook pages are black, and I am working in color on black, these are PERFECT.  Old pencils in an old tin, put to a new use!  So exciting!

5 comments:

  1. Love 'em! I love old retro stuff like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tins appear to be quite collectable in their own right. Fun to be able to revive old supplies. It is like having new supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your old tins! Very great to have! Especially for an artist!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your old tins! Very great to have! Especially for an artist!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your old tins! Very great to have! Especially for an artist!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3