topiary cats

topiary cats

Friday, July 10, 2015

Vocation

I have noticed that non-artists really don't understand artists. Sometimes they think they do, but they don't really relate to us on that level.  This is why it is important for artists to have other artist friends.

There is a difference between people who have a passing-interest-sometimes-hobby, curious dabblers, and those of us who have art as part of our core identity.  It isn't something we do, it is something we are.  I really think we artists are just hard-wired differently.

While it is true that in these years of my life I am not especially prolific in my output, I remain deeply involved in my art and I still grow and learn. I am always, constantly analyzing the world around me in terms of painting. I am constantly open to that energy.  My sketchbook goes everywhere with me, and I use it.  It isn't something I can shut off.

Artistic nature is far more than a personality or identity- it is a state of being, a whole way of experiencing life.  I can no more stop being an artist than I can stop being of Italian descent.

I think- when people who are true artists give up their art due to other life obligations, or just letting it slip away and remain dormant, or for whatever reason- it causes problems.for them. Because it is something that requires an outlet.  It is a voice that needs to be heard.




*****
Hey!  We made it to July double-digits! Congrats!

*****
3 of Wands (upright)



Results, conclusions of a decision, optimism, Anticipation, Envisioning an outcome. Have patience while awaiting an outcome. Potential.

3 comments:

  1. Well said! There truly is something special about following artistic expression. There is definitely an inner drive that must be acknowledged. Cheers to those breaking through the challenges. Of making art and just doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess we don't. We can try to of course. But unless you're an artist yourself you probably 'miss' a lot of things and don't see a lot of things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh oh...are we coming up on your PRT month? August, isnt it???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3