topiary cats

topiary cats

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Sharpie Requirements

Carey sent me a baffling text yesterday.

She was at Walgreens, and she bought a pack of Sharpie permanent markers.
They carded her.

Carey got carded to make sure she was old enough to buy Sharpie markers.

I had to see if that would happen here, too. Because that is so incredibly absurd.
The vet is right by a Walgreens, and I had to get Pebbles after work, so I stopped in and got a pack of Sharpies.

The first pack
Furball thinks they are suspicious

I did not get carded.
(By the way, I DO still occasionally get carded for alcohol.)

Pebbles and I took the bus home.  We got off the bus next to another Walgreens.
I HAD to see if not being carded was a fluke or not, so I went in and got some chocolate and a pack of Sharpies.

The second pack
Furball is sniffing Sharpies

Again, I did not get carded.  Nor does the cash register beep to tell the cashier to ask for ID.

Conclusion:
1) We have more pressing problems in NYC than the sale of Sharpie markers to minors
OR
2) The rules don't apply to me
********
PEBBLES UPDATE:

Prozac

********
The Hermit (upright)

Oh, The Hermit. This card, more than any other, sums up my whole life.  A few years ago I looked up some life path thing based on birth date (I have the book I got it from, must look it up again sometime to explain it better) but I got The Hermit.  Which did not surprise me one little bit.

Sometimes I love The Hermit and sometimes I really struggle with it. Sometimes both at the same time. This is such an important card for me, I really should do a whole blog post on it sometime.


The Hermit is a solitary and introspective card.  It stands for an inner journey, spiritual knowledge, wisdom.  The Hermit is always alone but has a guiding light at all times. Seeking the truth within yourself. Contemplation, soul searching. turning away from the outer world to focus on the inner world. Alone in the wilderness in a vision-quest kind of way. Spiritual attainment. Detached compassion and acceptance of others.

2 comments:

  1. Whuuuut, you can get carded for wanting to buy sharpies? LOL :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What age did they want her to be? Haha! When I think 'too young for sharpies' I think, like... 3?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3