topiary cats

topiary cats

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Drum Circle

Last night Daya and I went to a drum circle in the West Village where I do yoga.  It was so wonderful.  It has been many years since I was in a drum circle.

Drum circles are absolutely amazing. If you have never been in one, do it!

Daya got to play with many different kinds of percussion instruments from all over the world.

Small percussion from all over the world
Larger ones were in the back

I brought Star out to play.  Star is my drum. 

Star hasn't been to a drum circle since... when I was back there in seminary school.

I got her about 15 years ago in the West Village.  She was handmade in Morocco.  Star is made of porcelain and animal skin...I forget what kind.  Goat maybe. Anyhow she has absolutely superb sound, despite having been broken when I took her on a seminary retreat. I glued her back together and all is well.

She LOVED being out again and we had a great time.

Star

It was really special to be able to bring Daya, too. I love taking her places and exposing her to cool things. She is at that age where we can do these things- she has great kid energy but she is mature enough to handle some events that aren't necessarily catered to kids.

3 comments:

  1. How fun! Yes, I can see her enjoying that experience! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Yes, I can see her enjoying that experience! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been to such an event. I would like to attend. Your drum is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3