topiary cats

topiary cats

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Abusive

Unfortunately, I have quite a lot of experience with abusive relationships.  Family, friends, men. Throughout my whole life.  It can be very difficult to sort yourself out when it (hopefully) ends. But there are things you learn. And there are things you get really sensitive to, and things you learn to spot as major red flags.

There is only one thing I would like to say on this matter right now:

When someone mistreats you, knowing full well they are hurting you, and they insert some form of "I love you" or "I care" into it, to "soften" it, "justify" it, or just to make themselves look good and turn the tables on you, or to keep you hooked in, and you are getting hurt- physically or verbally, or emotionally- and they are disregarding how you feel, and they will not stop-

THIS IS ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR.

And it is NOT OK.
The end.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, I had a friend like that... he 'disguised' all of his hurtful comments with a smile. Or with a smiley if he was texting or emailing me. That way his ass was covered and I had no right to feel hurt/angry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's exactly it. you described it so perfectly. They are covering their ass. Also can be covered up with "I was just joking, where's your sense of humor"

      That is abusive behavior.
      Hugs

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3