topiary cats

topiary cats

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Solstice

Here we are at another Solstice.  Midsummer.  The Longest Day.
A turning point in the natural cycle of the earth.  And we also come into the watery sign of Cancer.

To be very exact, the solstice happens here in NYC at 12:39 PM EDT.

I like to pause and reflect during the solstice- both of them. These last six months have been challenging. I arrive at the Summer solstice with less than I had at the Winter solstice, and I feel sad about that.

But I have crossed landscape and mountain and river. I have traveled to new places- three of them- in the last six months. Three good places.  Perhaps those good energies are now a part of me, perhaps some of that goodness will see me forward to the next solstice.


**********
Mo wrote in his column last week about Newton's 3rd Law:

"For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction."


For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. 
That includes being kind to others and sharing the joy of being alive on this planet.
Share your love and life easily and without hesitation 
and the Universe will embrace you with the same. 
I’m absolutely certain of it.


I sure hope so, Mo.  I could really use some good Life Vibes.

*********
It is a good time to draw a new Tarot card from the Major Arcana. And a new color.  Red has been my color, but now I am going to switch to blue, because that just feels right.

I am using the Legacy of the Divine Tarot by Ciro Marchetti.  This is a really interesting and beautiful deck, and I will likely be working with it during July. How, I am not sure yet.

My card, which jumped out of the deck, is Judgement.
How very apt.


Key concepts for this card are redemption, atonement, the end of a journey, resurrection, closure, renewal, rebirth, reward, realizing the consequence of action, transformation.

That is really interesting in several ways, such as:
1. What I have literally just experienced in being judged
2. It follows my card of last Winter Solstice, which is a waiting kind of card.

This is one of the reasons I love tarot so much; it speaks on such deep and relevant levels.

1 comment:

  1. You have been a gad about. I am glad you had good experiences. You can look back on them this winter and be so happy. Mustn't judge or be judged. Happy Solstice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3