topiary cats

topiary cats

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Softness Controls Strength

In martial arts, one learns about strength- both outer and inner. The more damage you are capable of inflicting, if you have learned properly, the softer you will be in your approach. You have to know when to unleash hell. There had better be a good reason to cut someone down. You learn to control it,

There is enormous strength and power behind a gentle approach. Behind living a gentle life. It is much more difficult to maintain a gentle spirit, especially in such an aggressive society. Especially with aggressive people.

We see this in the Tarot, in the Strength card. This card is usually depicted as a woman sitting with a lion, calm and peaceful. There is no struggle, no force.

Legacy of the Divine Tarot

I, myself, can be a forceful person. I can have an aggressive edge to my personality.  And this is just fine. I have had to fight tooth and nail just to get through, to survive. But I strive to have a gentle spirit. That doesn't mean I am weak- quite the opposite- I am very, very strong. But there is immense power and strength in a gentle spirit, especially a spirit that already knows how to fight with force.

It is important to balance the stresses of life with gentle activities. Yoga, arts, meditation, watching the sunset...things that nurture the soul.

People are not gentle with each other. We should be. The world would be a much better place if we were. Have compassion for the next rude and angry person you encounter. Remember Newton's 3rd Law "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Change the energy dynamic- be kind and compassionate. Make someone laugh who seems to be having a bad day. That is the hand and voice of God working through you. Allow it.

Love requires immense strength. Here is the timeless good reminder, good words to guide us in how to love each other and ourselves better, with more grace and wisdom.

5 comments:

  1. Nice post. There is something beautiful about the gentle spirit. I agree, many see gentle as weak, but truth is that in this world, it takes strength to maintain it. I think about this often. I want to be in the calm, not the fury.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. There is something beautiful about the gentle spirit. I agree, many see gentle as weak, but truth is that in this world, it takes strength to maintain it. I think about this often. I want to be in the calm, not the fury.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am like you, I can be quite aggressive when I have my mind made up about something or my sights set on something. And I agree, it's not necessarily a bad thing. It's a sign of persistence and perseverance. As long as you don't get aggressive with people it's fine. Unfortunately not everyone seems to have gotten that memo, lol...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is something we need to keep in mind. Especially those of us that have had to fight and struggle to get by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gentleness and compassion are great qualities, I wish more people shared them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3