topiary cats

topiary cats

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Disturbed Sunny Habitats

In Utah, there are these GIANT dandelion-looking flowers. Of course I love them.
For some reason, I have never seen them here in NYC.  They really need to be in NYC.

Apparently they are "wild salsify, a species of Tragopogon."

They live in "disturbed sunny habitats."

Disturbed sunny habitats.

We are most definitely disturbed here, and it is sunny quite a lot.  So I think the salsify would do quite well here.

As a gracious act of community service, I have gathered and smuggled many salsify seeds across the country, and I am in the process of scattering them around many places. Hopefully they will take root and hopefully NYC will be populated with GIANT dandelions.

You're welcome.





Macro Salsify

5 comments:

  1. Haha, well, if they say so! :-) I love that last shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these too. They are in our wildflower system here. They have a pretty flower too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love your pictures of them. :)

    They should soon be replacing the human population there, at least until the level of disturbity has been lowered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it isn't sunny enough here for them, darn it, but they look marvelous. Must take a fair amount of breath, though, to blow the seeds off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last image is really fantastic. Great capture.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3