topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Slinging Paint Around in Poughkeepsie

Yesterday i met up with Dru and Branwen in Poughkeepsie.  We had an amazing walk.  There is an elevated river walk crossing there, which is amazing and spectacular and all things wonderful.

While I have always loved the Hudson, I have mainly done so from the bottom to the top of Manhattan. Loving the Hudson from outside NYC is just as amazing.  Basically, I am deeply in love with the Hudson River.  

Fishies in the creek

The elevator up.  It is glass!

Looking North

 Looking South

 Bird Poop Rock

Wall of Shale


 Pretty Dandelions

Lots of signs.


And.......





I made a painting.
6x8 oil on panel.
About 40 minutes.


****
Card today is Wishing Well (upright)



My interpretation: Make a wish, holding on to hope, dreams and wishes.

Booklet says:  "Desire is the sacred impulse for life. Feel it but let go of all attachments to ownership."  Relationship between desire and inspiration.  New life.  Soul mate or child. Presence of unseen forces which enable new beginnings. Set intention, then step aside and let it happen.  Prepare to be amazed.

Wow, I like this card, too!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a lovely place that is - I find environments like that so inspiring and, judging by your lovely plein air painting, so do you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was wonderful to see you! Hope we can do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a lotta fishies!

    And one severely ugly dog!

    But a beautiful painting! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun trip. Beautiful scenery, wildlife, flowers, friends, painting. Sounds like a perfect day. I have to agree with Carey though, that dog is a candidate for Ugliest Dog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you all had such a great time!! I love the painting. And yes, that dog really does look like a goat from the side.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3