topiary cats

topiary cats

Thursday, May 07, 2015

More Spring Thoughts

Well, Spring is the season of birth and new life etc, but I think Spring just sucks the life out of some of us. It does to me.

Everyone has the Heavies.  At least in the chat thread on the painting forum. So we are being miserable together.  Sometimes it is good to give misery some air and space, as long as we don't stay there or inflict it upon others. Acknowledgement. Balance.

Well, we just have to keep moving.  Doesn't matter how fast or slow, and stopping for naps is always a good idea.  I'm reading a pretty depressing book right now, although it is truly excellent.  Beautifully written, and I got it for free as part of an Amazon Prime new release for free thingy.  Free is always good.

********
Card: Heal the "Ouch" (upright)


My interpretation: My first impression of this card is that it is a little too childish and cutesy for my taste. But maybe that quality of the card has to do with our inner children.  Or old pains that stem from childhood. Raccoon and fox are an unlikely pair, perhaps there is comfort in unexpected places.  I can't tell if the raccoon is holding a little flower or a little hammer.  Either could probably be appropriate.

3+8=11  11= 1+1=2, so this card is a 2 and an 11 
My birthday numerology also makes me both a 2 and an 11

2 The all-knowing

Positive Characteristics: Sensitive, tactful, diplomatic and cooperative. The 2s tend to be peacemakers and are loving, studious and patient. A 2 may express many musical or feminine qualities and also tends to be sensual and intuitive

11 The most intuitive

Positive Characteristics: A Master number, the 11 is the most intuitive of all numbers. It is instinctual, charismatic, dynamic and capable when its sights are set on a concrete goal. The 11 is the number associated with faith and psychics.

Booklet says: "Forgiveness is the healer of the soul"
It goes on to talk about healing being prevalent now, and old wounds in particular.  "Let bygones be bygones".

This is oddly and unexpectedly relevant right now.  Hmmm.  And I had the worst dream last night about being trapped away from home with family members.  I was so glad to wake up, to get away from them. So, there are things on my mind from that dream, then I get this card today...

4 comments:

  1. I hope you get out and enjoy the sun some this weekend. A warm hug from the natural world should make you feel better. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good books are good.

    But I hate that Amazon free thing...not that I have a problem with free or people taking advantage when available...but I think it is an awful thing for Amazon to have come up with. It is terrible, terrible, terrible for authors and the self-publishing industry. And what choice do they have because it's Amazon, after all? Self-publishing ability has been such a tremendously awesome thing...I don't want it to be ruined. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carey- it is at authors' discretion. They still get paid. see link here:

    http://janefriedman.com/2013/04/02/amazon-kdp-select/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the happy feelings have landed here instead - I am willing to share!

    I hope everyone begins to feel better soon, spring is a time of rejoicing and reveling in the wonder of renewal. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3