topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Glow In The Dark

Last Tuesday after yoga, I accidentally wandered into Blick.  It really was an accident, honest. Since I found myself there (by accident), I decided to check out that iridescent acrylic medium that my gorgeous and amazing friend Rolina made me aware of.  Since Rols likes it, I knew I would too.

After yoga I tend to be a little slow and spacey. So I was walking around Blick in a very happy daze, being very happily dazzled by all the wonderful colors and brushes and Assorted Array of Art Things.

Normally, I don't wander into Acrylic territory.  And when I am in Acrylic territory, I stay in Golden range. But...Liquitex has the FUNNEST mediums!  They dooo! As a matter of habit I did wander into Golden territory and I might have adopted some more paint. By accident, of course.

Including glow-in-the-dark paint.





Well, I needed it.  And I always get 10% off at Blick.

Nancy asked me what am I going to do with it, and the only sensible answer is, of course, that I will look around and find things that do not glow but should.

******
Here are two paintings. There is interference paint in them which is pretty and fun to work with.
5x7 acrylic on panel




Interference Gold paint blob

*****
Card today is Movement (upright)
I cannot ignore that this card very directly reflects the painting series I have been working on. Cool!



My interpretation: Ostriches can run very fast. this one is large in proportion to the ground he is moving over, and there is nothing on the ground to impede his progress. He is carrying a nice, natural little world on his back but it doesn't seem like a burden.  Movement forward with good things. That red balloon is flying along.

Booklet says:  "You are in a time of positive forward motion." Positive momentum after coming out of a period of restriction.  New adventure and discovery. Compelled to move forward.  Doors previously shut open. Movement is also a state of mind.

5 comments:

  1. It is all of those accidents that are moving you forward. I nearly laughed out loud when I read that you "accidentally wandered into Blicks". I wouldn't mind that accident myself. Ha... Have a nice weekend glowing in the dark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmygosh! I NEED some glow-in-the-dark paint! NEED!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An accident...sure...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend Karen got this paint and went hog wild with it! Hope you have a lot of fun! I love the ostrich card! The interpretation is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, fun paintings!! And I adore that glow-in-the-dark paint! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3