topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, April 04, 2015

My Tax Guy

I love my tax guy. LOVE.  My taxes aren't particularly complicated, but I refuse to do them.  They are just one of those things that it is worth paying someone else to do.  And he does such a great job.  For the last 13 years. He knows me, he has all my info, and he is fast.  Every year, someone tells me how I can do my taxes for free--but I'm not interested.  I don't want anything to do with it  Besides, it is a small family operated business and I like to support local business.

My tax guy's father used to do my taxes.  His mom runs the front desk.  She is a tiny Asian lady in her mid-seventies, and I swear she doesn't look a day over 40.  When  I grow up, I want to be just like her.

When I had my first apartment, my tax guy was on the same block.  Even when I moved, I still made the trip back to my old neighborhood because my tax guy was that awesome. Then I moved again and he moved and for the past several years we have been down-the-road-neighbors again!

I dropped my tax papers off and was walking home.  A thought went through my mind that I didn't give him my W2...which of course I did.  Not two minutes later, he called and told me I hasn't given him my W2.  I'm such a superstar.  I ended up emailing him my paper and all was well.

I refuse to do my own taxes.



1 comment:

  1. Tax is really one of those things that could bring you a lot of stress! Haha! But then again, tax is one of the most important things we need to do as citizens, and it’s great to know that you have someone who you could trust it with. Thanks for sharing, Jessica!


    Wanda Hanson @ Tax Tiger

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3