topiary cats

topiary cats

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Hudson: Olana

Olana was Frederic Church's house.

Dru and I went.  It was spectacular.  We went through the house tour.  The tour guide was....odd.  Very informative, but...odd.  Odd in an obsessive way.  No photography allowed.  No touching anything allowed.  No getting too close to the walls allowed. I got yelled at for accidentally stepping off the carpet.  All of this was reasonable except the no photography thing.

Of course I got some sneaky photographs in...

Here are my illicit photos!

 Dru looking pretty :)

 Frederic Church's paint box!

And his brushes!

The upstairs was closed when we went, so I have to go back.

The scenery up there is just gorgeous.  Here are some more pictures, all of them legally taken.  :)
























And there were pretty tea sets too!






2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great outing and well done on the secret photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3