topiary cats

topiary cats

Friday, March 06, 2015

The Winchester Bible

Last Sunday I went with Daya to see the Winchester Bible exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, which was just AWESOME.  I love all things Medieval, especially books. And I love the Met madly.

Here are some pictures.  Being around this kind of thing is a really profound and humbling experience- the time it has been through, the people who made it, the culture it came from, people who have preserved it- and by being in it's presence and honoring it, we also become part of its history.


















I did not, until just now, see the no pictures icon.  Like anyone is going to notice that.  Even if I did see it, I still would have taken pictures.

   

3 comments:

  1. Books, especially bibles and prayer books, used to be decorated beautifully. They were truly works of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks for posting this! I see a walkabout in my future. Can't miss this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you grabbed the opportunity to see it - it is a lovely piece of work, I love illuminations in books.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3