topiary cats

topiary cats

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Hope

Aside from having no painting mojo, I am also having a dry spell when it comes to blog posts.  Doing a post every day was never a specific intention- it just kind of happened.  I often have them scheduled days in advance.  Now, since I am on a roll, I don't want to stop. But I don't have any posts lined up.

Not having a blog post for yesterday was a major incentive for sitting down and doing some sketchbook painting, but it felt so forced and it looked that way too.  My brain might be over-assaulted with input again...if that is the case then I will just have to go off Facebook.

So I need a focus. A defined point from which to start.   I'm thinking about it.  Sometimes tarot decks or oracle cards are good for that.  I have a few that I have gotten just for the art.  I also have a couple of decks I got for the subject matter but the art is so bad and cheezy I can't look at them.

So, hope.  I think about hope a lot.  Sometimes I don't know what to do about it.  Whether to keep it, lose it, or re-direct it.  That might make for an interesting painting, actually.

Here is a nice image for Hope.  This is from the Wisdom of the House of Night oracle card deck, which really is gorgeous.  I'm not a House of Night fan and I'm not interested in it. I never even heard of it until Amazon showed me the card deck in recommendations.  But the deck is gorgeous.


*****
TRUE STORY: When I was in high school I knew a girl named Hope who was married to a guy named Chanse.



3 comments:

  1. Making a daily blog post is difficult. Especially when you work, have a child, and a home to care for. Don't put too much pressure on yourself. Although I do like to read your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, a point to start. That is essential. The good thing is, they are everywhere, we just need to find them. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could design your own original tarot cards, they would be fabulous!

    I can't write a blog post every day, it is too difficult (and I am sure my stuff is boring), but I do look forward to yours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3