topiary cats

topiary cats

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Energy Cultivation

I started meditating regularly about 20 years ago, when I was in college. The first meditation I learned was a basic chakra meditation I found in a book.  It was my "gateway meditation".  I was hooked.

Since then, I have experimented with all kinds of meditation- guided meditation, silent meditation, laughing meditation, chanting mantras, visualization meditation, staring at a candle flame meditation, contemplating death meditation, focusing on the edge of a blade meditation, japa meditation, breathing meditation, walking meditation, stillness meditation, fasting meditation, full body relaxation meditation, alpha and theta brainwave meditation- these days I have yet to meet a meditation I haven't tried in some form.  And I love all of it.  I am a verified meditation junkie.

Depending on what I need and where I am, I switch around my meditation practice.  But all of them bring me to that deep place of peace, joy, and serenity, that place of divine connection.  Unless I am really upset, I can access that serene place very easily. It has absolutely and dramatically changed the way I think and what my mind focuses on. It gives me structure to get through difficult moments.  It augments my positive moments. It has changed me from linear into holographic. One of the great benefits of meditation is that it teaches you to not judge yourself, to be gentle with yourself.  In turn, that extends to not judging others.

I had a lovely insight at yoga the other day. Before class I was relaxing with my hands in anahata chakra mudra. And in that space between my hands, I felt a lovely strong energy of deep love...a vortex... and I can visualize and put things in that space, in that energy. People, situations, places, whatever or whoever I want to hold in that space and pass that amazing energy to.



2 comments:

  1. Lucky you and all you encounter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is truly amazing the power that is there. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3