topiary cats

topiary cats

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Circle

This week I started taking yoga again.  Yoga has been one of those things I always wanted to pursue- since I was 12 years old.  I was babysitting and there was a small green hardcover book called "Yoga for Everyday Health".  It pretty much smacked me over the head with a YOU NEED TO PURSUE THIS order and I never did until I got pregnant.

My pregnancy was a really awful time- I was in a lot of emotional pain and confusion due to my ex husband bailing out on our marriage because he found another girl (with a full bank account).  I was pregnant, alone, and scared and just...hurting a lot.  Going through that transition.  Going to yoga was one of the nicest and most comforting things I had during that time, and it really did help tremendously with pregnancy aches and pains.

I always wanted to go back, and finally I did.  It took me 10 years, but I made it back.  Going to a class after work isn't really the most feasible thing when you are alone with a child who has to be picked up from childcare, and who has her own classes on the weekends.  DVDs aren't the same as a class.

But now, finally, I can do it.  I am back at Integral Yoga NYC in the West Village.  It is also a block and a half from where Daya was born.

IYI has not changed at all in 10 years, and I love that.  The whole building is completely saturated with wonderful beautiful energy. Being there again felt like I completed an energetic circle, with my today-self telling my 2005-self that everything will be ok.

On the second floor there are several pictures on the walls of Yoga people, gurus, important people in the Hindu tradition,  etc.  There is also a picture of Jesus.  I remember this picture very specifically from 2005, and what was posted underneath it.  I found it comforting at the time.  It is still there, in exactly the same place, unchanged.




1 comment:

  1. I am glad you get to do something that will fill your body and soul. Peace.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3