topiary cats

topiary cats

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Tooth Faerie Failures

Jenn texted me at 7:30am on Saturday morning.

She needed advice on what to do if the Tooth Faerie fell asleep before switching out a tooth for a reward.

As it turns out, the very same thing has happened here.  In fact, I have a whole list of Tooth Faerie Failures, including:

1. Falling asleep, tooth still under pillow in the morning
2. Unexpected tooth loss resulting in no cash, so the Tooth Faerie left a note redeemable for cash. (I thought that was pretty clever.  Daya did not.)
3. Having to surrender my leopard nail stickers in place of cash.
4. Less-than-expected amounts of cash.

The Tooth Faerie has been inconsistent, to say the least. Daya knows it is me.  I had to tell her last year and she was really mad at me for spoiling it. Usually I'm pretty good at my role of Mythical Being- but even I had to fire myself from being the Tooth Faerie.

Jenn's kids still believe in the Tooth Faerie.  So I told her to tell them not to talk to Daya about it.  She might still be bitter.

The Tooth Faerie bubble burst for me when I was in first grade...so I am shocked Jenn has been able to keep it going for so long.

Back when Daya got her first wigglers (she calls the teeth coming in "growers"), I asked around for the going Tooth Faerie rate. The answer was almost unanimous.

$5 a tooth!  The kid gets $120 just for all their teeth to fall out of their head!  Talk about inflation.  I got a quarter, maybe a dollar when I was older.

I am a really bad Tooth Faerie.

1 comment:

  1. I think you are a very generous tooth fairy. The only time my children got folding money is when I didn't have change. ha... times have changed. I had this tooth fairy discussion with my neighbors granddaughter last evening. She is in kindergarden. She says she gets either a dime or a quarter for her teeth. I guess our tooth fairies are small town, small wallet fairies. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3