topiary cats

topiary cats

Thursday, January 15, 2015

The End of the World

Daya called me when she got home from school crying and wailing.

She was hurt.  She was scared.  It was something on the school bus.  It was something on the way home from school.  Something happened at school.  Something broke.  There was blood.  Something was lost. Something was stolen.  Someone was mean to her......

Me: WHAT HAPPENED??
Her: My gymnastics mat!
Me: What?
Her: The cats!
Me: .....What?  Did they scratch it?
Her: THERE IS CAT PUKE ON MY GYMNASTICS MAT!!

more wailing and sobbing

I almost died of relief.

Cat Puke
(photo not representative of actual puke)

I told her to get some spray bleach or Lysol wipes and clean it up, or wait until I got home and I would do it.

I had to explain to her in minute detail how to get a paper towel, wipe up the puke, spray bleach on it, then wipe up the bleach.

She said it was hard and confusing because she has never done this before...... WHAT?  This is not complex.....

This is a highly creative and clever child who is in the gifted program, accelerated reading and math, does intricate problem solving on her own, cooks, draws, dances, sings, swims, invents things......the list goes on and on.

I just simply do not understand how she doesn't understand how to wipe something up with a paper towel and a little bleach, even with step by step instructions.  IT DRIVES ME BATSHIT CRAZY.  

The truth is that the procedure itself would normally not confuse her.  When Daya gets emotional, she falls apart completely and becomes non-functional.  Sigh.

She did manage to clean her mat but was very concerned about the smell of the bleach.

But who doesn't love bleach?

I LOVE BLEACH

3 comments:

  1. I hate bleach about as much as cat puke. I can understand her not wanting to do this little chore. ie: not understand how to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh bless her - and thank goodness it was nothing serious.
    Yes, getting upset so much definitely got in the way of her common sense.
    I suggest it is her job to deal with all cat accidents around the house for a while, so she takes it in her stride in future.
    She is a great girl and you are a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am deathly allergic to bleach! I hate it. The fumes are toxic. I L.O.V.E Lysol spray. Lysol toilet bowl cleaner, and plain old soap and water for anything else. That's just me tho. Most work places do not use it because of the toxicity level. Just saying. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3