topiary cats

topiary cats

Thursday, January 01, 2015

Spiritual Endurance

Here is a passage from Spiritual Madness by Caroline Myss.  When I heard this for the first time, it resonated with me so deeply I got chills.

********
Endurance and patience are two of the classic lessons of the mystical experience.  What does endurance solve? Endurance makes your soul come up to the surface.  Endurance gives you spiritual stamina.   The biggest fear I see in people- bigger than the fear of dying- is being alone.  

I have witnessed and met very few people 
who are genuinely on the mystical path- 
who have not been asked to endure alone-ness.

Why?  Because you must be able to wait for the voice of God.  And how do you do that?  You literally have to listen to all of the voices that talk to you all the time that are based upon your fears. That are based upon what you have expected from life.  What you are invoking when you are alone and going through endurance is how you thought your life should be, and you've got to be able to give that up.

********* 
I know that spiritual learning and purpose is always more important than human wants and needs. But sometimes, I sure would like for them to be one and the same.

This card symbolizes so much of my life.
I don't mind that at all but I feel ready for change.

Image is from the Art Nouveau tarot, which is a gorgeous deck and was one of my first.

*********
Something I have been thinking about a lot lately is how our own healing naturally extends to others, If we have successfully dealt with a certain situation, hardship, traumatic event, whatever it is- if we have overcome it then that pathway is created to help others.  It opens up an energy frequency. We are able to relate to and see people from the inside out, guide them, and love them.  It gives us the right to speak with authority that healing is possible because we have been there.

Raphael


2 comments:

  1. Beyond loneliness there's solitude, which is completely different and not painful at all.

    Solitude is relaxing and enjoyable. It's a wellspring of creativity, a chance to recharge after all the stresses of being with other people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true Robert! My friend calls my apartment The Fortress of Solitude...lol and I do love my fortress! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3