topiary cats

topiary cats

Sunday, January 04, 2015

Day at the Museum

Daya has pretty much grown up in the Museum of Natural History.  I have been taking her there regularly since she was 2 or 3.  It is a special place for both of us- one that continues to hold appeal as she gets older.  I am a member there mostly because I don't want to wait in the admissions line.

I couldn't wait for Daya to be old enough to go to the space show...as soon as she turned 7 I took her. We see the space show at least once a year.  They change it every year too, so it is always something different.  I never get tired of it.

If you ever come to NYC the space show in the planetarium really is something to do.  It is... AWESOME.  Gorgeous.  Amazing.  Spectacular.  Every time.  There is just nothing else quite like it.

We saw the space show today.

Someone in the gift shop came up to me and asked me if I am a ballerina!

Daya and I have a Museum of Natural History tradition dating back several years- we always get rock candy.  Neither of us can eat much, and I end up using it in my tea.

Turquoise rock candy tastes rather like mint bubblegum,

1 comment:

  1. I would pass on the rock candy but girl, I envy you your Museum pass. What a great tradition to have with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3