topiary cats

topiary cats

Monday, January 05, 2015

Baffled

I'm completely at a loss regarding a few things.

1.  When I went to wake up Daya, I happened to look up above her door.  This is what I saw:

Where is the smoke detector??

That's really bad.  It had to be there last month, because the landlord was in here and he has to do a stupid paperwork inspection thing every year because there is a child under 10.  I don't know why they do it, it's not a universal thing.  Something with the building regulation maybe.

Anyhow, he has to check for the smoke detector so it must have been there but now it isn't and I don't even know where to begin looking.  I am completely at a loss.


I'm fairly sure (but not positive) that the cats didn't get to it.

2.  I discovered that the second disk of The Fellowship of the Ring is not in the case.  I have the really nice collector's edition of the Lord of the Rings movies, and I'm good (or so I thought) at keeping it nice and together.  That missing DVD is driving me batshit crazy.  I looked everywhere I know to look and then some and...nothing.  

Looking in here was a rather brilliant guess.
Except the DVD was not there.

3.  I got an email saying the automatic payment for Daya's dance tuition got rejected.  That didn't make any sense since the card is good and the money was there.  I tried putting the payment through myself.  12 times.  Rejected.  Called the bank.  Apparently there is a fraud block on my card even though (for once) no actual fraud happened.  But I was on a list.  So my card got blocked from any signature transactions because there was a list somewhere that said fraud MIGHT happen.

I just had to pay in cash.  And now I need a new debit card.  Again.  For maybe-in-the-future-fraud.

Is one of those mine?  Or yours?

1 comment:

  1. Weird happenings. I have been blocked like that before with the CC. Most annoying.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3