topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, January 03, 2015

A Little List

As truly infuriating as parenting can be, I have been blessed with the Best Daughter Ever.  Here is a little list of just a few of the many reasons why Daya is so cool.

1. When we were coming home from New Jersey this past Monday, we took the PATH train back to Manhattan.  We were in the very front car.  There was one seat.  I told Daya to sit down, She said "No Mommy, you sit."  The conductor was right there and he said he had never seen that before- a child offering the seat to their parent instead of taking it for them self- a child having consideration for their mother.  He was very impressed, and kept saying he had never seen that before.

2.  Daya has been into cooking.  I taught her how to use the stove (with the non-negotiable rule of not using it when I am not home)..  She likes to make pasta and scrambled eggs.  Yesterday morning she made herself breakfast AND then she made me breakfast!  Her scrambled eggs are PERFECT.  Not overdone, not under-done, but PERFECT.

3.She leaves irrefutable evidence of her crimes behind.

I wonder who has been drawing on my makeup mirror....

4.  She will put a new roll of toilet paper on the holder-thingy (what is that called?) on her own without being asked.

5. Santa brought her a set of soft pastels.  Look at this portrait of me she did!

I'm not sure what I am wearing in this portrait.
But it looks kinda superhero-ish!

3 comments:

  1. She is a great kid, with a great momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A superhero Mom for a Super Daughter. Hang in there it gets better as they age and you have a wonderful start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! She's a good artist, that's an excellent drawing. So glad she's enjoying those pastels! Yes, your outfit does look superhero!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3