topiary cats

topiary cats

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Human Stuff

I am "spiritualed-out" right now.

Sometimes it is necessary to step back from all the Power of Positive Thinking, Law of Attraction, Change Your Vibration, Higher Frequency etc etc etc and remember that we are human and that means we go through human stuff.

It is impossible to be happy-happy-joy-joy all the time.  Not only is it completely unrealistic, it is just not the human experience.  And when one is feeling particularly human, it just sucks to be reminded that you'll just attract more of what you are feeling.  Great. Just what I want to hear- that because I am feeling less than fantastic, I'm messing myself up. So what's a girl to do?

In the more new agey thought circles, there does tend to be a "blame the victim" mentality.  I can't stand that word, victim- and I am NEVER a victim. So perhaps a better re-phrasing would be there is a mindset that because we control our own reality we are attracting everything to us so it's our own fault- for lack of a better word.  But since we do not live in a vaccuum, I personally feel this is unbalanced because one needs internal/external balance and awareness.

Here is an amazing powerful brilliant painting my friend Nancy Park just finished.  It is such a perfect representation of how life just is sometimes.

The Nightmare
Nancy Park
30x40, oil
I wish I painted this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3