topiary cats

topiary cats

Monday, November 03, 2014

My Life is Not About Me All The Time

I had a good chat with Carey about stuff and things.  And about my thoughts on my own life experiences not actually being about me at all, or even for my benefit.  The more I think about this the more sense it makes. And it also puts me in a positive place of gratitude.

But only if I take myself completely out of it.
And keep myself out of it.
To be honest, I don't even want to do that all the time.

It's a very back-and-forth kind of thing; not easy to sustain.  That's the practice part of Spiritual Practice I guess.

God isn't some abstract formless old-man being judging us from afar.  God is in us and all around us.  We are all the voice and hands of God.  God is the love we can give to someone else which flows strong from a pure place unadulterated by ego, or our own expectations and desires.  It is a gift to be able to do that, to give that to someone else.

But why is it so difficult to sustain?

"I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic 
than to love people."
                                    -Vincent Van Gogh


"Love always brings difficulties, that is true, 
but the good side of it is that it gives energy."
                                     -Vincent Van Gogh



1 comment:

  1. I think I must have learned it from my mama! She was selfless, and I like to think I am too...most of the time. It is a good thing! :) It gets easier with age.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3