topiary cats

topiary cats

Sunday, November 02, 2014

More on Control and Feelings

I wrote earlier about having feelings and reactions that are out of our direct control; they are just there no matter what we think and how we act.

Perhaps the answer is that feelings are the nervous system of our inner beings, much in the same way as our physical nervous system.  Our bodies and inner beings can and do get hurt in various degrees of trauma, from minor to severe.

If you break your arm it's going to hurt whether you want it to or not.

That pain is not something that you have a choice about.  Yes you can take pain meds and do what you need in order to promote healing, but it still hurts.  I have concluded it is the same with feelings. They are just going to be there whether or not we want them to be.

I am still trying to figure out what my current lessons and takeaways are.  Perhaps the lesson is that not everything I go through, not everything that happens in my life is actually about me.  Maybe that is the answer- this is something to think about.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3