topiary cats

topiary cats

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

So, Today

I was planning on coming in to work early because work blew right the %#%( up this week...I went to sleep early last night and could. not. sleep.  I might have finally fallen asleep around 4am.  I had some disturbing strange, very sad dreams, then it was time to wake up.

Isis did not want to snuggle with me.

While I was making Daya's lunch this morning the jelly jar smashed on the floor.  I didn't have time to clean it so my kitchen floor is covered in cherry jelly and broken glass which went flying everywhere.  I'm praying the cats stay away...I moved their food and water....

On the subway the strange guy sitting next to me fell asleep...on me...but at least he apologized.

I actually had breakfast this morning.  The man in front of me was having trouble with his card so I bought his breakfast.  My random act of kindness is accomplished.

Also, for the last week I thought I was turning a whole year older than I actually am.
Superstar me.  I don't even know how old I am anymore.

Today I have to stay late at work to finish someone else's mess of a project that is due.

I can't help but reflect on life on my birthday, and today I feel overwhelmed and lost.  Like I went wrong somewhere in life.  But I don't know what I would- or could- have done differently.

This age-year, and 2014 in general- has been an extremely strange and uncomfortable year.  Not in a good way either.

Perhaps, yes, in hindsight there is one thing I would have done differently this year but it is too late now.  But I could not have possibly known.

*****
This is sort-of a repeat image but LOOK!  It moves!


4 comments:

  1. Big hugs. I hope you manage to salvage some joy out of the day. Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Millie gave me Daryl and you gave me CHOCOLATE AND TEA, so that's pretty damn awesome.

    thanks again Dru, you are an amazing friend!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy (belated) Birthday. :) I know of you via WC. Earlier this week I read your amazing blog in its entirety over two days - we have much in common. I will comment in more detail again sometime soon, but I just wanted to say that I'm thinking good thoughts for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3