topiary cats

topiary cats

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Professional Waiting

I am TERRIBLE at waiting.

Well, I was looking through some old blog posts and I found this one, which has what I have been looking for.  Because this is what I need to hear right now.

"...one needs to become a professional waiter. Amateur waiters wait inside their emotions, they fret and worry and pine, and they focus on what they don't have, rather than on what they do have. The professional waiter is more Zen, he or she waits inside their eternity. They sit and wait because it is in their nature to do so, nothing much moves them. They are detached from the tumbling mental scenarios usually associated with waiting. 

Professional waiting usually deals with tangible things: planes, boats and train, waiting for stuff to arrive. But beyond that there is the intangible, the unseen things we wait for. I term that 'deep waiting'. It doesn't involve logic; it is a form of waiting that asks you to hold an idea sacrosanct in your feelings knowing it will come to pass, when there is no logic of any kind to support the idea. It's a kind of spiritual waiting, a deep sense of trust in God."


-Stuart Wilde

You know what though?  I have been Deep Waiting for a really long time and I'm sick and tired of it!!!  LIFE IS TOO SHORT!!


1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness! You are taking out your sword now??? Oh dear..... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3