topiary cats

topiary cats

Monday, September 15, 2014

Ending Sketchbooks

There are about 10 blank pages left in my sketchbook, which has been neglected for a while.  I used to carry it everywhere with me no matter what.  Today I started doing that again...it will be good for me.

Except that my current book is almost full.  I do have a new one lined up and ready to go, but starting a new sketchbook is always so difficult.  It feels like I am leaving an old comfortable friend.  New sketchbooks feel sterile.  They need to be broken in.

Perhaps I will finish my old sketchbook this week and move on.

Summers are always the worst time of year for me and I will be glad when the Equinox finally happens this weekend.

Maybe it is time for new starts anyhow, with Autumn coming to cool things down after this exceedingly strange and uncomfortable summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love your comments! :) <3