Sunday, August 31, 2014

Sunday Thoughts

I decided to start blogging again. So here is a story that circulated around Facebook. Read it here. Basically, there is a restaurant in NC that gives diners a discount for praying in public. I seem to be the only one who thinks this is not only extremely weird, but slightly unsettling. Prayer is a private thing, a communion with God, Source, whatever you want to call it. It isn't something to be put on display, and it certainly isn't something to be shown off in order to get a financial reward. I pray all the time. In public, in private, but no one would ever know. And that's just the way I like it. A private communion from my heart right to God. I do wonder if their prayer discount extends to all traditions.

1 comment:

Julie said...

This was exactly what I said to my friend who posted about it on FB. I pray anytime, but mainly every night before sleeping. I don't see why someone would reward you for praying in public. It's weird to me as well.