Sunday, January 13, 2013

Jupiter

This painting is a wedding present for my friend/co-worker who is getting married.  She is obsessed with her dog.  I have been working on it for about a month, it took a lot of planning.  The background is a pattern from Victorian wallpaper.  I hope my friend likes it!

I really like Winsor Newton Renaissance Gold paint. It has a lovely sheen.

This painting is difficult to photograph well, unfortunately it's overcast today. I may have to try again with sunlight.

Jupiter
12x16 oil on panel


5 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

How will she ever be able to go on her honeymoon and leave this sweet fellow behind. A great rendition. Love the wall paper too.

Stapeliad said...

Thanks Lisa! She's taking the dog on her honeymoon. :)

Sandra Heading said...

Awh , very lovely work !! Great stuff there oily cat !

Julie said...

Gorgeous, Jessica! It is so realistic!!! Just amazing!!! She will love it so much!

Robert P. Britton, Jr. said...

What a fantastic painting! Outstanding!