Sunday, December 16, 2012

Turtle Pond

 Turtle Pond 6x8 oil on panel, about an hour and a half


I was standing on the dock behind Belvedere Castle. I really wanted to paint the castle, as a week ago I got all set up then the rain started- way earlier than the hourly forecast said it would-  of course I didn't have my umbrella. I would have stayed except the paint wouldn't adhere to my panel, I was so mad. So last Friday I went back to the same spot but the angle of the sun made the castle impossible...so I painted Turtle Pond instead.

I think I dropped something in the pond by accident but I'm not sure what...I thought it was one of my solvent jar lids- the ones that Ben Haggett packs with his boxes...turns out it wasn't, thankfully- whatever it was sank so fast I couldn't tell what it was....nothing seems to be missing so hopefully it was just an old crusty oil paint-laden paper towel.

2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

This was worth waiting for. I think it is lovely. A quiet mood for this time of year.

Julie said...

This is just amazing, JESSICA!!!!