Friday, December 14, 2012

Newtown CT

What can I possibly say about what happened in Newtown today?  It is just beyond inhuman and unimaginable.

Newtown CT is my hometown, I haven't been there for years but even so it is definitely one of my most favorite places on the planet. It is a wonderful beautiful peaceful pre-Revolutionary war New England town. Nothing ever happens there, and I am in such shock and grief about what happened today. Every time I hear about one of these tragic shootings I am sad but today I am really grieving, it's hit a very personal nerve. Especially since I have a daughter in second grade.  It's too close to home because, well, it is home. Newtown doesn't deserve to go down in history for something so infamous and offensive to humanity.

I just can't stop thinking about all those families who lost children.


3 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Me either and I live far away from there. I had nightmares last night. I can't even imagine what the people there felt or are facing today and for a long time to come.

Drusilla Kehl said...

Big hugs, Jessica. Yes, I want to hug Daya tightly myself. This tragedy is unspeakable.

soulbrush said...

Me too, as a teacher and a parent and a grandmother I am lost for words. Kiss Daya from me too. xx